Administrative AssistantDepartment: Administrative
Supervisor: Chief Operating Officer
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for answering and directing phone calls, assisting with payroll, assisting with daily tasks pertaining to the rigs, assisting with new hire and termination paperwork, and performing other administrative department duties as directed by the Chief Operating Officer.
- Answer phone calls and screen or forward when necessary.
- Assist with payroll.
- Gather and process mail daily.
- Update the “Well Lists by Years” file daily.
- Update rig white board daily.
- Assist with collecting fuel receipts monthly.
- Assist Corporate to get vehicles registered and renewed each year.
- Order office supplies.
- Assist with hiring process such as creating hiring packets and completing new hire paperwork.
- Assist with termination paperwork.
- Assist with other duties assigned and directed by corporate management within the framework of Murfin Drilling Company, Inc’s. objectives.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and Internet.
- Strong knowledge of office machines, including copier, fax, and printer.
- Able to communicate effectively as appropriate for the needs of customers or coworkers
- Ability to meet commitments and deadlines.
- Able to process work with accuracy.
- Ability to organized and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
- Stays focused under pressure.
- Complete required documentation and reports in a timely manner.
- Able to drive company vehicles with standard operator’s license.
- Ability to interact professionally with other employees, customers, and vendors.
- Ability to use interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate and follow instructions effectively with a diverse group of customers, employees and vendors and to provide information with ordinary courtesy and tact.
- Ability to use interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate by e-mail and telephone to provide information with ordinary courtesy and tact.
- Demonstrates openness to new procedures, technology, and structure.
- Able to maintain confidentiality and process confidential information discretely.
High school diploma or GED required. Two-year degree from a college or school or at least three years related experience and/or training preferred.
Employee must be able to do occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs. Employee must be able to stoop, bend and/or twist to perform job tasks.