Senior Tax SpecialistDepartment: Tax
The Senior Tax Specialist is an integral part of the Murfin tax and accounting teams. This position reports to the Controller of Murfin, Inc. The team supports tax compliance and tax planning for the Murfin Companies across a wide spectrum of entities and tax types. The tax team also interacts with internal accounting staff to provide high level review and technical assistance with internally produced financial statements.
- Preparation and detail review of various federal and state tax returns for corporations, partnerships, individuals and trusts
- Analysis, design, and implementation of effective tax planning strategies for income, estate, and gift taxes
- Working knowledge of ancillary taxes, e.g., sales and use tax, payroll tax, excise tax
- Intermediate to advanced skill with Microsoft-based productivity tools (e.g., Word, Excel, etc.), tax preparation, accounting, and depreciation software
- Analysis of financial statements and related information
- Providing assistance to internal accounting staff on appropriate accounting treatment
CPA or enrolled agent preferred.